|Cars - MG|
|Realisation Price||8,000.00 GBP|
|Odometer reading||19,000 miles|
Historics at Brooklands / Brooklands Motor Museum 30th August 2014 Cars - 30/08/2014 / 1955 MG Magnette ZA / Lot 237
The Magnette ZA was the first monocoque car to bear the MG name. Launched in 1953 at the London Motor Show, deliveries of the ZA did not begin until March 1954 with production continuing until 1956. It was designed by Gerald Palmer who made his name with the Jowette Javelin and featured modern Italian inspired styling. This ZA presented in black with deep red contrasting leather and is in very good order throughout having been restored some 18 years ago. Since this restoration the car was used sparingly up until 2004, covering just less than 19,000 miles. It was then dry stored in a heated garage until its recent re-commissioning. Recent work includes new door cards, carpets, seats and a light engine re-conditioning but, given the condition of the interior wood and general standard of the car, we can assume that the original restoration was extensive at the time and therefore not much else was required by the current vendor. Offered with V5 registration document, a selection of old MoT test certificates warranting the recent mileage and a very competitive estimate, this important part of MG history can be bought for far less than has been lavished on her throughout its life, an opportunity indeed.